Edward P. ParentMember
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Maryland School of Law, 2006
Order of the Coif
Order of the Barristers
B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2000
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2010
Maryland State Bar Association
Bar Association of Baltimore City
- 2006-2007: Judicial Law Clerk, The Honorable John Philip Miller, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
- 2005: Judicial Intern, The Honorable Paul W. Grimm, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Ned Parent is an experienced and versatile litigator, focusing his practice on complex civil litigation, utilizing his unique analytical skill-set to offer his clients efficient and effective representation. His practice focuses on representing corporations and individuals in a wide range of matters, including business disputes, fiduciary litigation, estates and trusts litigation, administrative and regulatory matters before, for example, the Office of the Maryland Attorney General and the Maryland Insurance Administration, professional malpractice, and insurance.
Mr. Parent has extensive trial, appellate, and arbitration experience, and has litigated matters in State and Federal courts in Maryland and throughout the United States, including the District of Columbia, Texas, and Nevada.
Prior to joining SILVERMAN THOMPSON SLUTKIN WHITE, LLC in 2011, Mr. Parent worked for more than four years as an associate at VENABLE LLP, where he represented corporations, individuals, and local municipalities and organizations in various complex commercial and contract matters.
• View Point Medical Systems, LLC v. Athena Health, Inc., 9 F.Supp.3d 588 (D. Md. 2014);
• In a complex construction dispute involving the reconstruction of a commercial structure in Harford County, Maryland, obtained a mid-six figure award for his client following a four-day arbitration hearing;
• In a contract action, secured a six-figure settlement on behalf of a national diagnostic reference laboratory without the need for discovery;
• Obtained dismissal of a $1 million complaint for defamation brought against a Federal employee;
• Secured a six-figure life insurance settlement on behalf of his client without the need for litigation;
• Secured a nearly six-figure settlement from a major national insurance carrier in a property insurance coverage dispute without the need for litigation;
• Successfully represented owners of a complex of retirement homes in obtaining liability insurance coverage from various insurance carriers arising from an outbreak of Legionnaire’s Disease. Mr. Parent’s representation ensured that these insurance carriers fulfilled their defense and coverage obligations to his client throughout the duration of two lawsuits filed as a result of this outbreak;
• Helped secure the voluntary dismissal of a SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) suit brought against a Baltimore City political blogger.
• Participated in the defense of property-based claims brought by a consolidated group of hundreds of plaintiffs, including through a five-month trial in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County.