Kathleen Hanlon SinclairMember
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2002
A.B., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1999
State of Georgia
State of Maryland
The District of Columbia Bar
State Bar of Georgia
Maryland State Bar Association
2004-2006 Law Clerk, Hon. C. Christopher Hagy, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Kate Sinclair’s practice involves criminal and civil litigation including business litigation, constitutional challenges, securities enforcement and government compliance, health care fraud defense, criminal defense, and civil and criminal appeals.
Ms. Sinclair’s experience covers a wide-range of civil and criminal matters in Federal and State trial and appellate courts, as well as disputes with government agencies over regulatory enforcement matters.
She has defended numerous individuals and entities in complex commercial matters; health care investigations; securities enforcement proceedings and investigations, and various criminal matters. Representative matters include:
- Member of legal team representing United States Senator on criminal charges.
- Member of legal team supporting bankruptcy Examiner in one of the top ten largest bankruptcies in United States history.
- Member of legal team representing public company’s corporate compliance officer in a federal criminal prosecution, resulting in the dismissal of all charges.
- Member of legal team representing Fortune 50 company in successful appeal before the North Carolina Supreme Court regarding the constitutionality of North Carolina’s statutory punitive damages cap.
- Counsel to various entities in internal investigations, government enforcement actions, and qui tam litigation
- Represented civil rights organization on First Amendment issues in federal proceedings.
Member, MSBA Lawyer Assistance Program Committee