J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 2010
Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers
B.A., Georgia State University, 2007
District of Columbia
State of Florida
United States District Court, District of Maryland
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
United States District Court, District of Columbia
United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
Mr. Edelson is a member in the firm’s business and commercial litigation department with over seven years of experience in the state and federal courts of Maryland and five years of experience in the state and federal courts of Florida. Mr. Edelson puts his analytical and public speaking abilities to use representing clients in financial, business, construction, real estate, and fiduciary related disputes. Mr. Edelson also provides legal services to a number of small to mid-size businesses throughout the state of Maryland on various matters from corporate management to real estate development.
In 2017, Mr. Edelson joined Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin, White, LLC as a member in the firm’s business and commercial litigation department. Based on his considerable experience both as a litigator and a small business operator, Mr. Edelson is uniquely positioned to assist clients with a wide variety of complex legal matters.
Prior to joining Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin, White, LLC, Mr. Edelson began his career at Goldman & Goldman, P.A. where he gained invaluable experience as a litigator and ultimately went on to lead the firm’s litigation division. Mr. Edelson’s practice included the representation of banks and financial institutions, entrepreneurs, investors, constructions contractors, developers, and employers. Mr. Edelson also represented a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee in dozens of individual and corporate proceedings before the Maryland bankruptcy courts.
In 2012, Mr. Edelson expanded his practice to include the state and federal Courts of Florida. Shortly thereafter he successfully represented a national banking institution in a five day arbitration trial in central Florida. In early 2014, Mr. Edelson took over the daily management responsibilities of the firm, overseeing all employees and client relationships. While at Goldman & Goldman, P.A., Mr. Edelson also briefed and argued multiple cases before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
Mark serves as an adjunct professor at Goucher College in the Center for People, Politics and Markets teaching a course in Law and Society.
- Counsel to various lead paint plaintiffs against the Housing Authority of Baltimore City and the United State Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Lead counsel in successful filing of Temporary Restraining Order against the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore City in order to prevent the demolition of protected bike infrastructure.
- Lead counsel to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee in successful fraudulent transfer and fraudulent conveyance litigation before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland.
- Lead counsel to commercial bank in five day arbitration proceeding in Florida.
- Lead counsel to minority-owned construction company against public university in Maryland in multi-party complex construction litigation.
- Successfully represented creditor in $2.5 million fiduciary litigation claim in probate estate of deceased spouse.
- Lead counsel to various entities in merchant cash advance litigation pending in Maryland, DC, and Florida.
- From 2015 to 2018, Mr. Edelson has been recognized by his peers as a Maryland Super Lawyer (Rising Star).
- Order of the Barristers
- Canton Community Association, President
- 46th District Democratic State Central Committee, Vice-Chair
- The Baltimore Jewish Council, Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Goverment Relations Committee
- The ASSOCIATED: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, Board of Directors
- The American Marketing Association
- General Counsel, Baltimore Chapter
- Baltimore Transit Campaign, Board of Directors
- Transit Choices, Board of Directors
- Get Maryland Moving, Steering Committee
- Athletes Serving Athletes, Coach
- University of Maryland School of Law National Trial Team, Alumni Coach
- KidsSafeZone, JVC Volunteer Lawyer
Maryland State Bar Association
Bar Association for Baltimore City